Denver, CO’s Experts in Roof Replacement
The hail and inclement weather of Denver’s winter months can wreak havoc on your roof. If you ignore the minor damage and wear for too long, then it grows into an expensive and time-consuming project. While a roof replacement for your Denver, CO isn’t your ideal way of spending money, it can be necessary as a result of the elements or the ravage of time. In Ex Designs Roofing is a roofing contractor you can trust for our expertise and transparency. We’ll examine your roof and the acquired damage to give you fair and cost-efficient roof replacement and repair options. A thorough assessment will reveal if you need roof repair for hail damage or we need to provide you with a roof replacement estimate. Our goal is to keep you educated about what roof repair services we offer, and that includes replacing it when necessary and a summary of the roof replacement process.
What You Need to Know About Roofing
Your roof is the structure that forms the upper covering of your house or building. The protective shingles and other coverings that keep water and weather from seeping into your home come in a variety of options. You can have asphalt shingles or wood shakes carefully laid out and bonded to your deck and underlayment. Tile roofing, like Spanish tiles, can add elegance to your home’s aesthetic while it traffics the rain off your home. Metal roofing is expensive but lasts for a very long time, and flat roof systems and roof coatings have their advantages, as well. A well-built roof can last for years and keep your home dry and protected with the help of maintenance and repairs. However, with enough damage sustained or time and wear withering your roof, you will eventually need a roof replacement to keep your home in working condition.
When to Replace Your Roof
One scenario that calls for a roof replacement is if your roof is old. Shingles last an average of 12 to 15 years, and tile and metal roofs last longer. During a roof replacement, it is possible to live in your house while it takes place, but you might want to stay out of the house for that time. There is a replacement age for all types of roofs. If you’re approaching or you’ve passed that time, then you should get a roof replacement estimate from In-Ex Designs Roofing. Other indications that you need to replace your roof include:
- Missing or curling shingles – These are signs of wear from snow, sun, and rain. Missing or over-worn pieces of your roof make it susceptible to weather.
- Damaged or broken flashing – Flashing is the material used at joints to seal and protect them, such as where the chimney and roof meet. If the metal, tar, or cement flashing is missing, damaged, or degraded, then your roof could suffer water damage.
- Animals are getting inside – If squirrels, birds, raccoons, or other furry freeloaders have infested your home, then you might have a hole in your roof or a rotting or missing section of your eave. Our roofing technicians can tell you whether you need repairs or a replacement.
- Ice damming in the winter – Ice dams describe the ridges of ice that form on the edge of your roof, which indicate roof ventilation issues. Without proper ventilation, your attic’s heat melts snow on your roof, and the cold air freezes it at the edge. The added pressure from the ice can pull apart the roofing materials and let water penetrate your roof’s inner layers.
- Discolored walls or ceilings in your home – Water stains on your walls and ceilings and mysterious dripping sounds suggest a leak in your roof. If your attic insulation is soggy, then you’ve got an issue.
How Long Does a Roof Last?
The factors that ultimately determine how long your roof will last include the type of roof you have, the installation process, and the quality of your roofing materials. To summarize the average longevity, shingles, tiles, shakes, and metal roofing all have different life expectancies, read the following:
- Asphalt shingle roofs normally last between 15 and 25 years until you need a roof replacement. Premium shingle can boost that number to 20 to 30 years.
- Metal roofing will last for between 30 and 50 years, and premium metals like titanium copper, and stainless steel can go as far as 100 years.
- For tile roofs, concrete tiles have an expected lifespan of 40 to 75 years, while clay tiles can make it for 50 to 100 years.
- Cedar shakes and shingles tend to last for 20 to 35 years, but proper maintenance can increase it to 40 years.
The Roof Replacement Process
When it’s time to replace your roof, you might wonder “What’s included in a roof replacement?” Read below to find out!
- Pre-installation – In-Ex Designs Roofing starts your roof replacement with a free inspection to assess the damage. If a replacement is the best choice, we propose your roof replacement options, including materials you desire, colors, and style, and then we can give you a roof replacement estimate. Once we get an agreement settled, we order the materials necessary for your roof and deliver them to your home shortly before the installation.
- Installation – Your installation can take as little as one day, but we’ll also give you an estimate of how long it will take well before installation ever starts. We’ll remove your old roof and dispose of the shingles and materials, load the new material on the roof, and install the base-coat, a weather-resistant tar-paper. Next, we install the shingles, tiles, or shakes precisely, so they keep out the elements and stand up to Colorado’s hail and winter weather.
- Cleanup and recap – Every nail a piece of debris gets picked up, and we leave your property clean and almost like we weren’t even there. We’ll ask you to look over our work and give any feedback, questions, or critiques. You can be honest. In fact, we appreciate it when you give your frank observation. Finally, you’ll get an invoice for the roof replacement to make your payment and send to your insurance company.
Why You Should Hire a Roofing Contractor
Contacting a professional roofing contractor for your Denver, CO roof repair and replacement ensure you get your money’s worth and the best possible outcome. Roofing contractors like In-Ex Designs Roofing have years of expertise and training dealing specifically with roofing and the variety of styles, materials, and solutions for your roof issues. We know whether roof repairs for hail damage and shingle wear are the most sensible action, or if your roof needs replacement. Give us a call today, and we’ll visit your Denver, CO home and give you a free inspection to assess the damage and determine your roof repair or replacement options. If repairs aren’t enough, we’ll give you a reasonable roof replacement estimate to keep your home in top condition.